Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Advice: acrylic nail supplies.... (UK)?

Hi All, I'm learning to be a nail technician and it's my first time buying my own supplies (ie, not out of a training kit!). What are the best quality supplies to use to avoid lifting etc .. In particular liquid and powders. Thanks any advice welcome.Advice: acrylic nail supplies.... (UK)?
I'm a nail tech. I like a few different brands. Each has their own good and bad points. But, for the most part they are all good! Anyway, one of those are Young Nails. They are based in the U.S., but I believe they sell to the UK. Here is their web address:


http://www.youngnails.com/


YN has excellent liquid %26amp; powder systems. They have a 'core,' and a 'speed' powder. It's different than most in that the set time with most acrylics determined by the monomer that you use. With Young Nails, it's the powder which determines the set time. The 'core' sets in 60 seconds, while the 'speed' sets in 90 seconds. Either way, they're fast! And, this company has tons of things like mylar, colored acrylic kits, glitter (individual and kits), and lots more. It really is a great company with really good professional nail products. They have a line of gels out too, but I don't care too much for them though a lot of techs swear by them.


Another is Entity Beauty. They have (had) these two famouse nail pros as their founders - Tom Holcomb and Tom Bachik. This company also has great products, though it is a little on the expensive side. Not too bad though. Their 'shiner' is definitely the very best high gloss shiner I have ever used. Oh, of course their acrylic products are also excellent. They also make a #8 oval ';Studio'; brush whci is also the very best, IMO. You can find them here:


http://www.entitybeauty.com


There are others, such as CND which I hear is big in the UK. But, even though I have been a CND Grand Master tech for a number of years now, I think their acrylics have a tendency to create 'pocket' lifting. That's not a good thing!!!


Anyway, I do hope I've been helpful. And best of luck to you in your nail studies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment